iStock-1194844613_edited.jpg

Graduate Management Program

Key Program Highlights

1. Increase access to graduate management education offerings
2. Complete graduate-level courses that count toward a Merage School MBA
3. Study with UCI Merage School faculty
4. Choose and build your program to match your interests and needs
5. Learn new skills or further master existing skills
6. Engage and network with like-minded MBA students
7. Explore MBA options before enrolling in a degree program


Leadership Development Certificate and UCI Merage School of Business Alumni Status granted upon completion

Who Should Attend?

Business Professionals

Program Location

Hybrid: Online + UCI Irvine Campus

Program Duration

11 weeks

Program Cost

$5,500 (USD) per course

Application deadline of July 15th for enrollment in Fall 2022

Leading business with
technological advances

Graduate Management Program

This program allows you to enroll in select UCI Paul Merage School of Business MBA elective courses on a rolling admission basis without formal admission to a university degree program. Gain valuable graduate-level skills through courses taught by acclaimed Merage School faculty and earn university credit that counts towards an MBA degree.

If you choose to continue your educational journey by applying to the Merage School’s Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program, your tuition will be reduced by the amount paid through the Concurrent Enrollment Program upon admission. Subsequent admission to the FEMBA program is not required or guaranteed. You must follow the standard admissions process, and if admitted, the credits will transfer to the FEMBA program through Graduate Division.*

iStock-480361476_edited.jpg

Hybrid Saturday courses meet four Saturdays per quarter in either the morning (8:30am-11:30am) or the afternoon (1pm-4pm). Approximately 60% of the Hybrid course is delivered through state-of-the-art online learning delivered through Canvas. The remaining 40% is delivered in-person during the four Hybrid Saturdays. Students are expected to attend all class sessions to earn the Graduate Management Certificate.
 
Each course will have a team project component and we will facilitate a process for you to join an MBA student team. All courses are ten weeks in length, plus one week of finals (and/or a presentation.) We will provide all students enrolled in the Graduate Management Certificate Program with an Orientation to help acclimate students into the learning environment at the Merage School.

Key Program Components

Personalized

You decide how many courses you wish to take. You can choose one to specialize in a certain area of business or choose a total of three courses and earn your certificate.

Affordable

Enroll in the number of courses that fit your schedule and pay tuition per course. There is no deadline to complete the certificate so you can tailor your plan to fit your financial circumstances.

Flexible

Pathway to an MBA

You can tailor the course load to fit your schedule. Whether you choose to enroll in one or two courses per quarter is up to you. Courses follow the quarter system with ten weeks of classes and one week for exams.

All credits earned and tuition fees paid will be credited toward your MBA if you apply and are accepted into the Fully Employed MBA program at UCI’s Paul Merage School of Business.*

iStock-155161000_edited.jpg

How to Apply

All applicants must provide:

- A resume or CV
- A transcript from Undergraduate degree
- A one-page essay describing:
What course(s) are you interested in and why?
What are your career aspirations following the completion of the course(s)?


Please email documents to Kirsten Nielsen at kirsten.nielsen@uci.edu with subject line: Graduate Management Program. Individuals will be notified regarding their application within 2-3 weeks.

Pre-requisites: Undergraduate / Graduate degree, plus a minimum of 2 years professional work experience with increasing responsibilities.

2022 Application Dates

July 15th for enrollment for Fall 2022

*In-person sessions are planned to be held in-person following the guidelines of the CDC, UCI and State of CA guidelines. Sessions will also include a networking reception and graduation celebration

iStock-1281125402_edited.jpg

Program Faculty & Facilitators

Leonard-Lane-bw.jpg

Leonard Lane

Full-Time Lecturer
The Paul Merage School of Business

_Temp-Photo-bw.jpg

Stephen Postrel

Lecturer
The Paul Merage School of Business

Shaun-Pichler-bw.jpg

Shaun Pichler

Adjunct Professor
The Paul Merage School of Business

Reach Out To Us Today To Setup A Personalized Conversation

If you are interested in learning more about this program, please send us a message and we will set up a conversation with one of our program specialists.